Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Strangers photograph my calm demeanor.


People never feel safer than when they are with someone who declares clearly that they are not a threat. Often in crowds people want to get a record of a truly sane person. I imagine they ask themselves: "Who is this nice man... and why do I feel so comfortable with him?" It's because I'm not insane. Often they take two pictures, one horizontal and one vertical. Why should that cause me distress? I do not suffer from mood, cognitive or personality disorders. They want two pictures to share their experience of being with someone free from psychological and behavioral patterns which could cause harm to them or their loved ones. I display the fundamental characteristics of a person who is not insane ... and people people feel good around me. I liked to set fires as a young boy... but that was long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment